You can make some changes to your application yourself, and for others you either contact the universities and colleges, or you contact us.

Your details

You can change your postal address and phone number (or if you prefer, you can call us).  

  • We'll let your universities and colleges know too, but it's best to also let them know yourself as soon as possible.
  • Make sure you get your post redirected too, and if you're using a different postal address during term time, remember to change it to your home/new address in the holidays.

You can change your email address too.   

  • You can keep your email address up-to-date in the UCAS Hub.

If you want to change your name, date of birth, or passport details:

  • Please complete our update my details form and we'll do this for you. 
  • For name and date of birth changes, you need you to attach a clear photo or scanned copy of an official document showing these – such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence or passport.
  • As long as we’ve got everything we need, we’ll update your details and the changes will display in your application.
  • It's important you also let your universities and colleges know.

Nominated access

If you're likely to be away at any time during the application period, you may want to nominate someone who can make decisions on your behalf and discuss your application with us and the unis and colleges you're applying to, e.g. a parent, other relative or guardian. If you didn’t nominate someone when you filled in your application but now wish to do so, please call us.

Giving your school or college access to your application

If you did not give your school, college or centre permission to access your application before you sent it to us, you can do this by calling us. Your school or college will also need to contact us.

Course, year, point of entry, or campus

If you're happy with the university or college but you'd like to change the course details, you'll need to get in touch with the university or college rather than us.

  • Then if they agree to it, they'll let us know about the change.
  • If you've already had an offer from them, we'll update your application to show the new details.

University or college

You can substitute a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only substitute each choice once.

  • Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can substitute the choice from your application. The 14-day period starts from the day you receive your email.
  • However, you can't substitute a choice after 30 June.
  • If you substitute after the relevant deadline for your new course choice, it will be considered late. Contact your chosen uni or college first to check they'd consider your application.    
  • In the very rare case of your university or college discontinuing the course you've applied for, please contact us to discuss your options.

Changed your mind about your replies?

Here’s what to do if you change your mind:    

  • If you replied to your offers in the last 14 days, contact one of our advisers to make any changes to your replies.
  • If it’s been more than 14 days since you replied to your offers, there is a more detailed process you need to follow. As you’ve agreed to a contract with your chosen uni or college, it may be possible, but we are unable to guarantee you can change them. You’ll need to speak to them about changing your replies, and then call us, to let us know what you want to do.     
  • No reply swaps are possible after 25 July 2024.

Adding more choices

Extra is a free service – available for you to apply to one course at a time between 28 February and 4 July 2024.

If you didn't use all five choices, you can add more choices one at a time from your application as long as it's before 30 June and you've not accepted any offers or been made unsuccessful by your choices.

If you accepted an offer and are made unsuccessful by the uni or college before 30 June, if you have not used all five choices, you can contact our Customer Experience Centre to add more.

If you've used all five choices, you may be able to use Extra if: 

  • you've received decisions from all five universities or colleges
  • you weren't accepted or you decided to decline all the offers you received

Changes to exams and qualifications

Let us know straight away if any of your exam details change or if your qualification details need updating by completing our Qualification Amendment Form

Only use this form if you have received your welcome email. 

We’ll let your university and colleges know too, but it is best to also let them know yourself as soon as possible. 

As long as we’ve got everything we need, we’ll update your qualifications, and the changes will display in your application

What we CAN update:     

  • We can add, remove, or change overall qualifications.
  • We can change the qualification results date.
  • We can change qualification titles. 
  • We can change qualification grades that you received before you submitted your application. 
  • We can change the type and level of the qualification. 
  • We can change the Awarding body/Exam board. 
  • We can change the exam centre number. Please Note: The exam centre name won’t change when the centre number is changed, but as long as you inform your universities and colleges of this it will not cause any issues. 

What we CANNOT update: 

  • We cannot change, add, or remove unit/module/subject information underneath a qualification. You will need to discuss this with your chosen universities and colleges. 
  • We cannot change the exam centre name. But if you inform your university choices of this it will not cause any issues. 
  • We cannot add new results/grades you received after submitting your application. Please see the results process to find out more about how your university choices will receive your results. 
  • We cannot add, remove, or change predicted grades. You will need to discuss this with your chosen universities and colleges. 
  • We cannot remove a qualification you have completed and received a grade for. Even if the result is ungraded. 
  • We cannot enter all awarding bodies as we have a limited selection: E.g. ‘OTH’ stands for Other, and Cambridge qualifications will show the awarding body ‘CAM’. The universities and colleges are aware of this and please be assured everything is in order with your application. 
  • For any other amendments you wish to make to your undergraduate application please contact us for support. 

Change qualification details

Cancellations and withdrawals

You can cancel a choice or your whole application.

  • If it's just one choice you'd like to withdraw, you can cancel it in your application (as long as the university or college hasn't sent us their decision yet).
  • If you’ve changed your mind about applying to higher education, you can cancel your application and get a full refund. Please note UCAS will only refund applications cancelled within 14 days of being submitted to us, so please check the date in your welcome email to verify this.
  • If you are cancelling within 14 days of submitting your application and would like a refund, please complete our online form or call us
  • If it’s been more than 14 days since you submitted your application, you can still completely withdraw it at any time. However, no refund will be issued and you won’t be able to submit another application in the same cycle.