- We'll let your universities and colleges know too, but it's best to also let them know yourself as soon as possible.
- Make sure you get your post redirected too, and if you're using a different address during term time, remember to change your address to your home/new address in the holidays.
- You can keep your email address up-to-date in the UCAS Hub.
If you want to change your name, date of birth, or passport details:
- Please complete our update my details form and we'll do this for you.
- For name and date of birth changes, you need you to attach a clear photo or scanned copy of an official document showing these – such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence or passport.
- As long as we’ve got everything we need, we’ll update your details and the changes will display in your application.
- It's important you also let your your universities and colleges know.
If you're likely to be away at any time during the application period, you may want to nominate someone who can make decisions on your behalf and discuss your application with us and the unis you're applying to, e.g. a parent, other relative or guardian. If you didn’t nominate someone when you filled in your application but now wish to do so, please call us.
Giving your school or college access to your application
If you did not give your school or college permission to access your application before you sent it to us, you can do this by calling us. Your school or college will also need to contact us.
Course, year, point of entry, or campus
If you're happy with the university or college but you'd like to change the course details or campus, you'll need to get in touch with the university or college rather than us.
- Then if they agree to it, they'll let us know about the change.
- If you've already had an offer from them, we'll update your application to show the new details.
University or college
You can swap a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only swap each choice once.
If you want to change campus, you need to contact the university or college to discuss this.
- Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can swap the choice from your application. The 14-day period starts from the day you receive your email.
- However, you can't swap a choice after 30 June.
- If you swap after the relevant deadline for your new course choice, it will be considered late. Contact your chosen uni or college first to check they'd consider your application.
- In the very rare case of your university/college discontinuing the course you've applied for, please contact us to discuss your options.
Changed your mind about your replies?
Here’s what to do if you change your mind:
- If you accepted your offers in the last 14 days, contact one of our advisers to make any changes to your replies.
- If it’s been more than 14 days since you replied to your offers, there is a more detailed process you need to follow. As you’ve agreed to a contract with your chosen unis, it may be possible, but we are unable to guarantee you can change them. You’ll need to speak to them about changing your replies, and then call us, to let us know what you want to do.
- No reply swaps are possible after 26 July 2022.
Extra is our free service – available for you to apply to one course at a time between 25 February and early July.
If you didn't use all five choices, you can add more choices one at a time from your application as long as it's before 30 June and you've not accepted any offers or been declined by your choices.
If you only originally applied to one choice (so paid at the reduced fee), all you have to do is pay the extra £4.50 to allow you to add more.
If you accepted an offer and are made unsuccessful by the uni/college before 30 June, if you have not used all five choices, you can contact our Customer Experience Centre to add more.
- you've received decisions from all five course providers
- you weren't accepted or you decided to decline any offers you received
Changes to exams and qualifications
Let us know straight away if any of your exam details change or if your qualification details need updating by completing our Qualification Amendment Form.
Only use this form if you have received your welcome email.
We’ll let your university and colleges know too, but it is best to also let them know yourself as soon as possible.
As long as we’ve got everything we need, we’ll update your qualifications, and the changes will display in your application.
What we CAN update:
- We can add, remove, or change over-all qualifications.
- We can change the qualification results date.
- We can change qualification titles.
- We can change qualification grades that you received before you submitted your application.
- We can change the type and level of the qualification.
- We can change the Awarding body/Exam board.
- We can change the exam centre number. Please Note: The exam centre name won’t change when the centre number is changed, but as long as you inform your university choices of this it will not cause any issues.
What we CANNOT update:
- We cannot change, add, or remove unit/module/subject information underneath a qualification. You will need to discuss this with your chosen universities.
- We cannot change the exam centre name. But if you inform your university choices of this it will not cause any issues.
- We cannot add new results/grades you received after submitting your application. Please see the results process to find out more about how your university choices will receive your results.
- We cannot add, remove, or change predicted grades. You will need to discuss this with your chosen universities.
- We cannot remove a qualification you have completed and received a grade for. Even if the result is ungraded.
- We cannot enter all awarding bodies as we have a limited selection: E.g. ‘OTH’ stands for Other, and Cambridge qualifications will show the awarding body ‘CAM’. The universities are aware of this and please be assured everything is in order with your application.
- For any other amendments you wish to make to your undergraduate application please contact us for support.
- If it's just one choice you'd like to withdraw, you can cancel it (as long as the university or college hasn't sent us their decision yet).
- If you’ve changed your mind about applying to higher education, you can cancel your application and get a refund. Please note UCAS will only refund university applications cancelled within 14 days of being submitted to us, so please check the date in your welcome email to verify this.
- If you are cancelling within 14 days of submitting your application and would like a refund, please complete our online form or call us.
- You will not receive a refund if you cancel your application.
- If it’s been more than 14 days since you submitted your application, you can still withdraw it at any time; however no refund will be issued.
UCAS student discounts
Make your money go further with our student discounts! From offers on fashion brands to big savings on tech, we’ve got you covered.
All you need is the discount code for the offer you want to save cash on. And keep checking back – we’ll be adding more exclusive offers soon…