How to make your replies
When your last decision comes in, we'll send an email as usual to say there's an update (or a letter advising you about replying).
- Sign in to Track to make your replies.
- You'll have a deadline shown in Track to do this by.
These are the types of reply you can make.
- If it's an unconditional offer, the place is yours! So that course provider will expect you as their student.
- Or if it's conditional, the place is yours if you meet the offer conditions. So just in case you don't, you can pick a second offer as a backup – your insurance acceptance.
- If you're choosing an insurance, go for something with lower offer conditions – make sure it's somewhere you'd still be happy to go to though.
- That way, if your results are lower than expected, you might still meet the conditions at your insurance choice; then you'd have your place confirmed there.
- Remember, you'll only attend your insurance choice course if you don't meet the conditions of your firm choice, but you do meet the conditions of your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you're happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply.
However, if you decide you don't want to accept any of the offers, you can decline them all and add more courses in our Extra service. Alternatively, you can see what courses still have vacancies later on in our Clearing service.
Offer and reply combinations
- Unconditional firm (UF) – You're in!
- Conditional firm (CF) – You're in if you meet the conditions.
- Conditional firm (CF) and conditional insurance (CI) – You've made a first and second choice – you'll be in at the first if you meet the conditions. If not, you might have met the conditions of the second – if so you'll be on that course instead.
- Conditional firm (CF) and unconditional insurance (UI) – You've made a first and second choice – if you meet the conditions of the first you'll be on that course. If not, you'll definitely be on the second.
These are based on when we get the last decision in from your unis or colleges. Check Track to see your personal deadline.
- If you receive your last decision on or before 31 March 2021, your reply date is 5 May 2021.
- If you receive your last decision on or before 6 May 2021, your reply date is 3 June 2021.
- If you receive your last decision on or before 3 June 2021, your reply date is 17 June 2021 (except if you're using Extra to find a place).
- If you receive your last decision on or before 13 July 2021, your reply date is 14 July 2021 (including Extra choices)
Offers for courses with early start dates
If you want to accept a place on a course that starts before your reply date, you should contact the university or college concerned to discuss what to do. If they give you an earlier deadline to reply, you should be aware that they may withdraw their offer if you do not accept it before their specified deadline.
Your deadline to reply to your offers will have been set once you’ve heard back from all your chosen universities or colleges.
Why am I given a deadline to reply by?
Can UCAS extend my deadline?
My choice has been automatically declined – can I still accept my offer?
Here’s what to do if you change your mind:
- If you accepted your offers in the last 14 days, contact one of our advisers to make any changes to your replies.
- If it’s been more than 14 days since you replied to your offers, there is a more detailed process you need to follow. As you’ve agreed to a contract with your chosen unis, it may be possible, but we are unable to guarantee you can change them. You’ll need to speak to them about changing your replies, and then call us, to let us know what you want to do.
- No reply swaps are possible after 23 July 2021.
- If you've changed your mind, and no longer want to go to uni or college this year, you can completely withdraw your application in Track.
UCAS student discounts
Make your money go further with our student discounts! From offers on fashion brands to big savings on tech, we’ve got you covered.
All you need is the discount code for the offer you want to save cash on. And keep checking back – we’ll be adding more exclusive offers soon…