If you plan to study in the UK, you might be interested in what financial support is available to help you during your studies.

Tuition fees

Tuition fees can vary depending where you're studying and whether you're from the EU or outside the EU. Check university and college links in our search tool. For guidance on whether you are eligible to pay overseas or home/EU fees, please refer to the UKCISA website.

Student finance

If you are an international non-EU student, it's unlikely you will be able to get a student loan from the UK Government. Some universities will create their own student loan schemes for talented students from low-income backgrounds, including non-EU students. Contact the university you're interested in attending to ask if they run a student loan scheme, and what the eligibility requirements are. 

Chat to students studying at UK universities

Want to speak to international students currently studying in the UK and find out what moving to the UK and studying at a UK uni is like?

Chat to international students

Other funding options – scholarships and grants

International (and EU) students may be able to find a scholarship, grant or bursary.

What types of scholarships are there?

There are lots of scholarships to study in the UK. This is great news, but it’s important to remember they have strict eligibility criteria and are highly competitive.

There are also more scholarships, bursaries, and fee waivers available for postgraduate and research students than for undergraduates, so check what the university offers before applying.

How do I find a scholarship?

Refugees and asylum seekers

Equal access or sanctuary scholarships are available for refugees and asylum seekers who have fled persecution in their home country.

Financial support for refugee and asylum seeking students

Start your search now

Get your UCAS Hub

Your place to discover your options and research your future.

Sign up today