When is A level results day 2018?
|A level results day||Thursday 16 August 2018|
(If your uni/college has given us its decision, you can see if you've got a place. But you can't see your exam results in Track.)
|08:00 (UK time) on Thursday 16 August 2018|
Have everything ready
Results day can be stressful, so make sure you know how it works and what to expect.
- Have your Track sign in details handy and update your contact details if you need to.
- Make sure you're available on results day, because we can't speak to anyone else about your application details unless you give them nominated access to speak on your behalf.
- Check how your exam results get to your universities/colleges – most come directly to us from the awarding organisations, and we send them on to your choices. But if not, you just send your exam results to your universities or colleges yourself.
Hopefully you'll get the exam grades you need, but if you just miss out, the university or college might accept you anyway.
- You might get a place on either your firm or insurance choice, depending how well your exams go.
- You might be offered an alternative by the university/college – a 'changed course offer' (which you'll need to accept or decline).
- You might not get a place, but you can search through our Clearing service to see what courses still have vacancies.
If no decisions are showing, give your universities or colleges a call to find out more.
- If you had a conditional firm offer you met and exceeded, you might be curious about courses with higher entry requirements.
- If so, you can see what's available in our Adjustment service.
- Find info about exam reviews and appeals – you'll need to try to arrange the review as quickly as possible, and keep in touch with your university or college to keep them up-to-date.
- Look for course vacancies in our Clearing service, or look into other options – like a gap year, work or an apprenticeship – either instead of higher education, or just while you reapply for next year.
Then if you’ve got a place...
Congratulations! Your Confirmation letter should appear in Track five to seven days after your place is confirmed. (Your letter is not emailed or posted to you.)
Make sure you check your Confirmation letter carefully – it will say if there's anything else you need to do, or if your university or college will be in touch with further instructions; maybe to provide proof of your qualifications or medical requirements for example.