Amy, Media Content Officer, UCAS
You may have prepared some questions, but if not, here are some of the questions Amy asked when she attended a UCAS exhibition, to help you get started. Make sure you write things down, as you might forget later.
Questions about uni or college
- Is the uni or college based on one site?
- Are there halls of residence on campus? Can all first years be accommodated?
- How far away is the accommodation from the campus?
- What is the typical cost of accommodation?
- Do I need my own transport?
- Can I keep a car, motorbike, or bicycle? If so, can it be parked?
- Is public transport available from the halls of residence to lectures? If it is, how much does it cost?
Questions about student facilities
- Can you tell me about student services, the students’ union, clubs, job shop, societies, and sports and recreation facilities?
- What support services are there (e.g. careers services, counselling, finance, and medical)?
- What support facilities exist for students with disabilities?
Questions about the future
- Where are graduates from this course likely to find work?
Questions about costs – financial support and expenses
(Expenses you need to consider include tuition fees, course equipment, field trips, cost of living.)
- What help do you give with student finance?
- What scholarships and bursaries do you offer?
Find out more...
- If I have any questions in the future, who can I contact?
- What are the arrangements for attending an open day or making a personal visit?
- Do you have any open days coming up? Do you have any virtual tours on your website?
- Is there an alternative student prospectus? How do I get one?