- We aim to answer all calls within 60 seconds.
- We aim to respond to all social media enquiries within two working hours.
- We aim to respond to email enquiries within three working days.
- We process 90% of applications within 24 hours of receiving them at UCAS.
- The other 10% are during the three days leading up to a deadline date – these take up to three working days to process.
- We provide decision information to applicants online within eight hours of receiving the decision from the course provider.
- We monitor IT services regularly and let customers know about technical difficulties within four hours.
- The website is available 24/7 (apart from planned maintenance, which we announce in advance).
We've adopted the principle to treat the Welsh and English languages with a basis of equality in the conduct of our public business in Wales.
You can read details of how we are working towards this in our Welsh Language Scheme document, which you can download below.
Welsh Language Scheme 2010 - 2013 (118.5 KB)
We have a section of the site on studying in Welsh, which is available in both English and Welsh. As part of our commitment to the Welsh language, we are working towards building a more bilingual site for our audiences.
If you'd like to enquire about the scheme, suggest improvements, or complain about services provided by the scheme, please email us at email@example.com.
We're proud to have achieved several quality standards that demonstrate our commitment to customer service.
ISO 27001 is an information security standard that recognises the importance of data and information to the continued success of the organisation.
UCAS is committed to protecting its information and that of its customers. To achieve this goal, UCAS has implemented an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
The Information Security Management System relates to all business aspects of UCAS' operations; primarily relating to the management of applications to post-compulsory education within the UK, and covers the governance of the provision of information primarily relating to the management of applications to post-compulsory education within the UK to external organisations.
Customer Contact Association Standard
The CCA Standard is an operating guide designed to assist organisations with delivering increased levels of efficiency and customer service. Contact centres are independently assessed by approved Accreditation Bodies and recommendations for accreditation are approved by CCA Standards Council.