A buzzword is a unique term you can give to students applying through your centre. Students are asked for this buzzword from their application. It automatically links them to your centre – giving you permission to attach your reference, and view and manage their application.
Buzzword key points
- You need to set up a buzzword at the start of each new cycle.
- To avoid confusion between application cycles, we recommend using a different buzzword from those used in previous cycles.
- You can pick a new buzzword at any time in the cycle in ‘Centre management’, but remember to let your staff and students know if it changes.
- If a student forgets to use the buzzword, they can change this in their application and send a request to be linked to your centre. After the application has been submitted to UCAS, they need to contact us to be linked to a centre.
Former students can request:
- a reference for a new application – this means you’ll need to add a reference to their application but won’t be able to manage it for them
- to be linked to your centre in full – they’ll need your buzzword to do this
Accepting an application in full means you’re agreeing to approve their application, write and attach a reference, and send their application to UCAS once all sections are complete. The student will also be included in your centre's progression data. By entering the buzzword, the student is giving you permission to view and manage their application.