- Not all qualifications are included in the Tariff, so don’t worry if you can’t find your qualification in this calculator – make sure you check the entry requirements in our search tool for the courses you’re interested in.
- Universities and colleges set their own entry requirements and do not have to accept a qualification simply because it is included in the Tariff tables.
- Universities and colleges don’t have to accept the Tariff value assigned by UCAS either. For example, if a university feels the content of the qualification is not fully relevant for the course you are applying to, they may tell you it's worth fewer points than UCAS has suggested, although most of the time the full Tariff points will be accepted.
- The best advice is to check the entry requirements listed in UCAS' search tool, or with the course provider, to find out if your qualifications are accepted.
- UCAS Tariff points only apply to Level 3/SCQF Level 6 qualifications, not Level 2 qualifications such as GCSEs. This calculator covers Level 3 UK qualifications regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications in Wales, CCEA and QAA, as well as SCQF Level 6 qualifications accredited by SQA and SCQF.
What is the purpose of the UCAS Tariff?
What else do I need to know about the UCAS Tariff?
How to use this calculator
Advice to help to you find your qualification
Please note, the qualifications included in the Tariff calculator are applicable to courses starting in September 2022.
If you are starting a course in September 2023, please refer to this version of the Tariff qualifications list (3.52 MB)