Once you’ve submitted your application, your chosen training providers will decide whether to make you an offer. Find out what happens next.
One key thing to note is that you do not have to reply until you have received all your offers. When you do have all your offers, you’ll have ten working days to reply – this must be done in Track.
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll send you a welcome email.
- This will contain your Personal ID and username for our online system Track, where you can follow the progress of your application.
- Your application will be sent to your chosen training providers online, normally within 24 hours.
- In Apply 1, your application will be sent to all your chosen providers to be considered at the same time.
View a step-by-step overview of what happens next in our application flowchart.
Track your application
You can cancel a choice or your whole application.
- If it's just one choice you'd like to withdraw, do this in Track (as long as the training provider hasn't sent us its decision yet).
- If you’ve changed your mind about applying to teacher training, you can cancel your application and get a refund. Please note, UCAS Teacher Training will only refund applications cancelled within 14 days of being submitted to us, so please check the date in your welcome email to verify this.
- If you are cancelling within 14 days of submitting your application and would like a refund, please call us. If you're unable to call us, complete and return our UCAS Teacher Training cancellation form (37.54 KB)
- You will not receive a refund if you withdraw your application in Track.
- If it’s been more than 14 days since you submitted your application, you can still withdraw it in Track at any time. But no refund will be issued.