Citizens from countries around the world require a student visa to study in the UK.
It's expected that there'll be high demand for UK student visas this summer. Remember to apply for your student visa as early as possible as soon as you have received your Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) from your education provider. August is the peak month for UK student visa applications. Beat the rush and apply before August, if possible, to allow time to travel for September course start dates.
You can apply six months before your course start date.
You will be invited to book and attend an appointment at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) to provide your biometric information (fingerprints and digital photograph) and supporting documents.
- Your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number
- A valid passport/travel document
You might need:
- A standard Student visa application costs £348 if you apply from outside the UK, and £475 if you apply when you are already in the UK.
- If you choose to apply using the priority or super priority service, for a faster decision on your visa, the fee is more expensive. These services may be available in some countries but not others. You may also be able to choose other optional services, such as document checking or interpretation, for an additional cost.
- As well as the visa application fees, you will need to pay the immigration health surcharge. This is £470 for each year of the visa for which you are applying. For example, £1,410 for a three-year visa.