Meet Zuzanna. She is an apprentice and a university student at the same time. Part of the BBC Bitesize World of work series.
Some people believe that after leaving school you've got to either do an apprenticeship or go to university. I'm doing both! The best part of my job is to see the parts I design get built and put on the aircraft.
- Zuzanna decided on an apprenticeship at the company Airbus, where she gets hands-on experience as well as getting a degree for free.
- She studied Triple Science at GCSE and went on to do Physics, Maths and Product Design at A-level.
- She knew she wanted to combine her love of Physics with her creativity. Her apprenticeship offers the perfect combination!
- She and the team work on design solutions to make aircraft as efficient as possible.
- Zuzanna moved away from home for her apprenticeship, so feels she is getting the uni experience without the debt.