- Plan how you’re getting there – check if your school/college has arranged transport for you. If you’re not visiting as part of a group, be sure to check the venue location before sorting any travel arrangements.
- Wear comfy shoes – it sounds silly, but you will be on your feet for most of the day, so comfy footwear is a must.
- Take a good sized bag – there will be lots of prospectuses, brochures, and leaflets for you to collect, and there may be some freebies too.
- Prepare questions – this is the perfect opportunity for you to find out key information from colleges, employers, and student services. Make a list of questions to help you decide which route, provider, or course is right for you.
- Visit each type of stand – be sure you’re making the right choice. By visiting only university stands, for example, you won’t get to hear or ask questions about a degree level apprenticeship.
- Take a pad and pen – take notes. Make sure you jot down your thoughts and answers to questions, so you can look back at them later.
- Get your ticket scanned – scan your ticket on the stands which interest you, and we’ll send you personalised information, straight to your inbox.
And most importantly, ask questions.