1. Fill in an application
Find the programme that's right for you – if you're looking for programmes in England, you'll need to use the Department for Education's 'Find postgraduate teacher training' service. If you're looking for programmes in Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, you'll need to use UCAS' search tool.
Apply through UCAS Teacher Training for postgraduate teacher training programmes in England and Wales, run by universities and colleges, or schools.
- Read about what you'll need to include in your application.
- Find out how to write your personal statement.
- Think about your references – you can't submit your application without them being complete.
2. Track your progress
Once you've submitted your application, use Track to keep up-to-date with your UCAS Teacher Training application.
- Find out what happens after you've submitted your teacher training application.
- Before you're offered a place, you'll have to attend an interview. Find out what training providers are looking for and what they might ask.
- Once you have decisions from all of your choices, you have ten working days to reply.
When to use Apply 1
Apply 1 is the first stage in the application process. You have to use Apply 1 first.
- At this point, you can apply for up to three choices at the same time.
- These choices can be either for just one of the UCAS Teacher Training routes, or a combination.
When to use Apply 2
Apply 2 is another opportunity to submit an application if you are unsuccessful in Apply 1. You only use Apply 2 if you didn't get a place in Apply 1.
- This could be because you weren't offered a place, or you declined any offers you did get.
- In Apply 2, you can continue to add new choices, one at a time.