As a UCAS registered centre, you’ll get access to our free online services which allow you to manage and track your students’ applications.
Your students can link their applications to your registered centre — so you can monitor, advise, and check their UCAS Undergraduate applications from the start, before adding references and submitting to us.
For the 2020 cycle, our new adviser portal replaces and enhances our existing services.
Adviser Track is accessed through Apply for advisers, and enables you to keep up-to-date with your students’ applications once they're submitted to us. You can track university decisions and make sure your students don't miss reply deadlines.
You can subscribe to Adviser Track at any time, for just £50 (+VAT) per year.
Find out more about reports available throughout the year in our Adviser Track and Reporting brochure (396.74 KB).
We’ve got lots of useful resources to help you, your students, and their parents throughout the year.
- Visit the dedicated advisers’ section for the latest news, advice, and toolkits, to help you throughout the cycle.
- We offer a wide range of training sessions and conferences for new and experienced teachers and advisers. Meet our team face-to-face and network with your peers.
- We also organise exhibitions for you and your students.
Resources for students
- We’re online to help – find out how at www.ucas.com – students can also interact with bloggers, and join discussions through our social media channels.
- Use the personal statement tool for advice for students on what to include, and how to structure their personal statement.
- Students and their parents can sign up to receive tailored information from us, as soon as they start thinking about their options.
Resources for parents
- Parent videos and online tools – covering finance, funding, applying, open days, and much more.
- Host the UCAS widget on your website or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It links your students and their parents to key pages on ucas.com.
- Look out for your monthly email – the UCAS correspondent will receive the operational update each month from us at email@example.com.
- It’s important that the UCAS correspondent keeps us up-to-date with the correct contact details for your centre.
We can offer training and presentations to help you with undergraduate applications.