What you need to know about the application process
Most courses start in September, and some require applications to be submitted almost a year in advance. There are a few different stages to the process – and application deadlines vary depending on the course – so the earlier your child can get started the better.
Top ten tips for your child
- Start research early – performing arts higher education has a lot of options to choose from.
- Know the deadlines – for some courses the application deadline is almost a year in advance.
- Browse through courses – so they can work out what they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to conservatoire open days – speak to us and higher education staff.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need to get a place on a course.
- Watch them practice their chosen audition pieces with friends and family – they will need to perform them with confidence.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements to fund their studies.
- Be prepared for results day – make sure they’re prepared for all the possibilities.
- Remember it’s a separate application for university – which they can do simultaneously if they wish to.
- Visit our Facebook and Twitter pages regularly to get advice and ask questions.