Higher education is a big investment, so you may need a student or career development loan – which you’re advised to apply for three months before your course starts. You might be eligible for additional funding from other organisations too.
- How much an undergraduate course costs and how to get finance and funding
- How much a postgraduate course costs and how to get finance and funding
- How to repay your loan after your course
Conservatoires can offer support in many ways – from any worries or anxieties you have to issues with accommodation, student visas, impairments, or care leavers.
- Use your students’ union to join socials, activities and societies
- Get support for worries or concerns about conservatoire life
- Help with auditions – Open Door is a non-profit organisation that helps talented applicants from London and the East Midlands with financial support and resources.
Disabled students and care leavers
Conservatoires have different ways they can support you in higher education – see our support for individual needs section.
International and EU students
Refugees and asylum seekers
Students not supported by their family (estranged)