A short guide to how universities, colleges and other providers in England are regulated.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (Hefce) has published a short guide to how universities, colleges and other providers of higher education in England are held to account and regulated.
The guide to the Operating Framework describes the organisations that handle different aspects of regulation, and shows how the current arrangements are changing to meet the needs of students and society. These arrangements will continue to evolve, and an update will be published in summer 2014.
The some of the topics covered in the overview include:
- how academic quality and standards are maintained
- accurate information about courses and qualifications
- fair access to higher education
- good governance and financial sustainability in institutions offering higher education courses
- how disputes are resolved