During this Taster session, you'll gain an introduction to the art of 3D VFX and explore what it's like to work as a professional VFX artist.
- Get a hands-on introduction to 3D VFX techniques such as creating simple geometry, UV’s, texturing, bump maps, lighting, animation, basic compositing and rendering.
- Explore the CG pipeline and the range of career choices you can aim to specialise in.
- Work with tools such as Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop.
- Work on a creative project from scratch – from an empty scene file to creating a finished VFX shot. Together we will render and composite the final sequence in NUKE (time permitting).
- Discover the various routes into creative jobs from our tutors and Applicant Advisors, including how our programmes can give you the skills you need to kick-start your career.