When to apply
Applications can be submitted from 3 October in UCAS Progress.
- However, you can start your applications by doing your research and completing your profile at any time.
- Before applying, you might want to attend an open day at your chosen provider.
- Although there's no specific deadline in UCAS Progress, some colleges, training providers, and schools might have a deadline that means you'll need to apply early – check the provider pages on UCAS Progress search.
Before you can apply for courses through UCAS Progress you’ll need to register. Your school or college will do this for you, so ask them for your username and temporary password. If you aren't at school or college, you can self-register yourself.
You can also watch our videos on how to search for courses and make you application.
Step 1 – searching for courses and providers
Step 2 – saving courses to your favourites page
Step 3 – completing your profile
Step 4 – making an application
Step 5 – course preferencing
Step 6 – application in progress
Step 7 – offer preferencing
Step 8 – receiving offers and making choices
What happens next?
After you've submitted your application, the school, college, or training provider will start to process it.
- They might respond to you through UCAS Progress, so check your application dashboard regularly.
- They might invite you to an interview, taster day, or meeting.
- Make sure you keep your email address up-to-date so you can get updates and messages about your application.
- Do your research!
- Check the entry requirements of the courses you're applying for.
- Check the courses you are applying for fit with your career or job aspirations.
- Check your spelling and grammar on your application.
- Check you've put the correct contact information on your application.
- When writing your personal statement, think about what you want to say about yourself and what the college, sixth form, or training provider needs to know about you.
- Once you've completed your application, get someone to check it for you before you submit it.