Why go to uni?
Choosing higher education has many benefits. These include:
- developing valuable skills to give you wider opportunities
- studying a subject you're passionate about
- gaining a qualification to help you follow your chosen career
- higher earning potential
With a huge range of courses available, it's important to do your research to decide what's right for you.
What kinds of higher education are there?
There's a wide range of courses from degrees to performing arts and additional study options after you graduate.
How to choose a course
When you’ve chosen a subject area you can look for ideal courses – here's how to do it.
- Research the different ways you can choose a course.
- Ask questions at events and open days (use our open days search tool to find out when and where they are).
- Look at the entry requirements you'll need to meet. It’s worth checking early whether you'll need specific subjects or grades in further education to get a place on the course.
Check the different application deadlines too – undergraduate deadlines, performing arts deadlines, postgraduate teacher training deadlines, or check other postgraduate dates directly with course providers.