Health & Safety Policy Statement
Date: December 2019
At UCAS we recognize our responsibilities under Health & Safety legislation and through our policies and procedures we will provide:
- Adequate resources to ensure effective Health & Safety management
- Risk assessments of our work activities where applicable
- Adequate control of risks arising from our work activities
- Adequate information, instruction, training and supervision
- Adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare of our people while at work
- Safe systems for access and exit for employees, visitors and contractors
- Safe premises and equipment for all our activities
- A culture of safety and wellbeing
UCAS Chief Executive retains overall responsibility for implementation of this Policy.
UCAS employees have a duty to cooperate with their employer on health and safety matters and take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by what they do or do not do.
UCAS Executive is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Policy and to lead and promote Health & Safety and Wellbeing.
UCAS will do all that is reasonable and practicable to prevent accidents and work-related ill health.
UCAS will consult on matters of Health, Safety & Welfare with employee groups.
This Policy Statement will be reviewed annually and revised as necessary.