Guides and resources
- We update these resources throughout the year, including a range of toolkits designed for different parts of the application process, or to support specific groups of applicants.
- We also send adviser newsletters to registered UCAS centres, which will let you know when there’s anything new.
The UCAS widget
We've created a widget for you to place on your website or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), to direct your students and their parents to key information on ucas.com.
Undergraduate adviser guides
- Adviser Guide 2015 and UCAS Adviser Guide 2016 – to undergraduate applications
- Important changes – to the UCAS and UCAS Conservatoires application schemes for 2015 entry.
- Pre-HE qualifications – UK qualifications and International qualifications.
- Example applicant letters – sent to undergraduate applicants throughout the year.
Qualification Information Profiles (QIPs)
We have produced a series of QIPs:
- selected EU and international qualifications
- selected Apprenticeships frameworks
- Access to HE Diploma and Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP)
- UK Benchmark Qualifications
illume: Feature in Focus
'illume: Feature in Focus' in a monthly article for advisers, published on our website. These features offer insight and information on a range of subjects specific to advisers, including higher education, subjects, careers, and policy changes across the UK.
- Pre-application toolkit – this will help you introduce higher education to your students, and help you to explain how they go about making an application.
- Confirmation and Clearing toolkit – everything you need to explain Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment to your students.
- Convention toolkit – understand the benefits for your students in attending one of our HE conventions, and find out how to make the most of them.
- Application toolkit – all the information you need to submit applications on the behalf of your students.
- International toolkit – useful for student advisers worldwide and international officers in UK higher education.
- Extra toolkit – all you need to know about Extra, to advise your students and their parents.
- Supporting care leavers toolkit – this will help you understand what support is available to care leavers and how they can get information and advice when applying to higher education.
There’s also a Parents' evening presentation – you can use this to explain higher education applications at parents’ evenings.
Handouts for your students and their parents
- 2015 Scottish courses listings – or 2015 Scottish course listings (Excel version) – if they’re interested in studying there (or as a resource for you).
- The Little Guide 2015 – useful as a handout.
- The Parent Guide 2015 – useful information for parents about the process, key dates etc for the 2015 application cycle.
- The undergraduate application flowchart – useful to have displayed on the wall, or as a handout.
- Applying to uni handout– an overview of the application process.
- Extra poster (A3)– a poster to explain to your students what Extra is and how it works.
- Hints and tips leaflet for parents– a handout for Year 12 parents' evenings.
- Open days poster (A3)– hints and tips to prepare for open days.
- Reply dates poster (A3)– dates when your students need to make their replies by.
If you want to order a printed publication, we have two items available:
- The Little Guide 2016 – pick up at UCAS conventions or order free of charge + postage and packaging (p&p)
- The Parent Guide 2016 – free of charge + p&p
How to place orders
Call our external supplier on 0844 894 0013 – 08:30-17:30 (UK time)
- Orders can only be placed in person over the phone using a credit/debit card as they cannot issue invoices.
- Postage and packing determined by weight, up to a max of £13 for up to 25kg (large orders priced on application).
- Outside office hours detailed above, please email email@example.com with your order details and a convenient date and time (between 08:30-17:30 UK time). We can call you to process your order and take credit/debit card details. (Please don't send credit/debit card details by email – our external supplier cannot process your order this way.)
- View full terms and conditions for ordering publications.
Subscribe to Adviser Track to keep up-to-date with your students’ progress, so you can give them the best advice at the relevant point in the application cycle.
We offer a range of training sessions and presentations for new and experienced teachers and advisers.
They provide excellent opportunities to get in-depth information about the UK higher education application process.
The Go International website aims to support UK higher education by providing the latest policy, research, statistics, case studies and opportunities for study and work abroad. It also contains information on the benefits of international experience, as well as guidance on sources of funding.
Get in touch
Please get in touch and let us know what you think about the guides and resources provided in this section, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!