Guides and resources
Get all the latest information, reminders, and events and training details straight to your inbox!
- We update these resources throughout the year, including a range of toolkits – designed for different parts of the application process, or to support specific groups of applicants.
- We also send adviser newsletters to registered UCAS centres, which keep you up-to-date with anything new.
The UCAS widget
We've created a widget for you to place on your website or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), to direct your students and their parents to key information on ucas.com.
Undergraduate adviser guides
- UCAS Adviser Guide 2016
- Pre-HE qualifications – UK qualifications and International qualifications. Please note that we are transferring the content from these guides into the QIP format over the next few years. The guides will therefore no longer be updated, but remain available as legacy documents. For a quick overview of the plan and timescales, see our handout on the proposal to integrate qualifications guides with QIPs (117.54 KB)
- Example applicant letters – sent to undergraduate applicants throughout the year.
Qualification Information Profiles (QIPs)
We have produced a series of QIPs:
- EU and international qualifications– updated for 2015
- selected Apprenticeships frameworks – updated for 2015
- Access to HE Diploma and Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP)– updated for 2015
- UK Benchmark Qualifications – updated for 2015
- Pre-application toolkit – this will help you introduce higher education to your students, and help you to explain how they go about making an application.
- Confirmation and Clearing toolkit – everything you need to explain Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment to your students.
- Application toolkit – all the information you need to submit applications on the behalf of your students.
- International toolkit – useful for student advisers worldwide and international officers in UK higher education.
- Extra toolkit – all you need to know about Extra, to advise your students and their parents.
- Supporting care leavers toolkit – this will help you understand what support is available to care leavers and how they can get information and advice when applying to higher education.
There’s also a Parents' evening presentation – you can use this to explain higher education applications at parents’ evenings.
Handouts for your students and their parents
- Undergraduate application flowchart – useful to have displayed on the wall, or as a handout.
- Applying to uni handout– an overview of the application process.
- Extra poster (A3)– a poster to explain to your students what Extra is and how it works.
- Hints and tips leaflet for parents– a handout for Year 12 parents' evenings.
- Open days poster (A3)– hints and tips to prepare for open days.
- Reply deadlines poster (A3)– deadlines for your students to reply to their offers.
If you want to order a printed publication, we have two items available:
- The Little Guide 2016 (also available at UCAS exhibitions), or the Little Guide 2017
- Parent Guide 2016 or the Parent Guide 2017
How to place orders
You can order up to a maximum of 200 copies of each publication above.
To order, call our external supplier on 0844 894 0013 – 08:30-17:30 (UK time). Outside of these office hours, please email email@example.com confirming which publication you require, how many copies, and a contact name and number (in case we need to contact you about the order), along with the name and address to send the items.
Subscribe to Adviser Track to keep up-to-date with your students’ progress, so you can give them the best advice at the relevant point in the application cycle.
We offer a range of training sessions and presentations for new and experienced teachers and advisers.
They provide excellent opportunities to get in-depth information about the UK higher education application process.
The Go International website aims to support UK higher education by providing the latest policy, research, statistics, case studies and opportunities for study and work abroad. It also contains information on the benefits of international experience, as well as guidance on sources of funding.
Get in touch
Please get in touch and let us know what you think about the guides and resources provided in this section, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!