How do I apply through Clearing?
Emma from UCAS explains how you can make an application through the Clearing process.
How to use Adjustment
If you've met and exceeded the conditions of your conditional firm offer, you may be able to use Adjustment to find an alternative course. This guide explains what Adjustment means and whether you're eligible.
- Confirmation, Clearing, and Adjustment brochure – a must-read document for advisers, packed with all the latest information for 2018.
- Confirmation and Clearing key dates (298.94 KB)
- New for 2018 – this year, applicants will receive timely emails on SQA and A level results days to support their decision-making. Dependent on the status of their application, they will receive useful links and relevant information – whether they are placed, unplaced, or conditional (still awaiting a decision). View example emails for applicants (1.35 MB).
- Direct contact service – we’re once again offering our direct contact service to applicants. For 2018, this service will be available for those eligible for Clearing, helping applicants who find themselves unplaced.
- A note to advisers – gives an overview of the toolkit and advice to advisers.
- Adviser checklist (459.49 KB)– this gives you a quick view of what you can do to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for your students.
- Lesson exercises covering Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment, and the answers (120.43 KB)to each – these can fit around a variety of learning styles. Each encourages individuals to do their own research so they know where to turn when they are faced with making decisions in the summer.
- A parent communication – this information can be copied into the format you use to communicate with parents. It provides all the key pointers which will hopefully ensure that parents and students alike are more informed about what to expect in the summer.
- True or false exercise (150.48 KB)– this is all about providing clarity on some of those rumours that circulate each year; many of which cause applicants unnecessary worry. It could be used to prompt discussion in class.
- Confirmation and Clearing poster – highlights specific areas of ucas.com which will help students prepare for results day and Clearing.
- Posters covering the direct contact service (292.7 KB), Clearing, and Adjustment – these can be displayed around your school or college to give students information on each of the services and how to find out more.