Dundee is truly a student city, with one in five people enrolled in university or college. It's the UK's only UNESCO City of Design, with a major national broadsheet newspaper ranking it the best place to live in Scotland. It's also officially Scotland's sunniest city.
- Dundee has a vibrant nightlife. There are plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants to choose from, as expected of a city with a young population.
- V&A Dundee, Scotland's only design museum, has been hailed as a 'must-visit' attraction by media outlets across the globe.
- Dundee Contemporary Arts is a popular venue for exhibitions, movies, eating and drinking.
- An excellent mix of independent and high street shopping means there's something for everyone.
- The city's two professional football teams, Dundee and Dundee United, are situated metres apart on the same street.
Campus and facilities
The University is conveniently located on a city centre campus, with all of its buildings just a stone's throw from each other. Shops, bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms and the main bus and train stations are a short walk away.
The main buildings - Old College and the Kydd Building - are in the Bell Street complex, grouped around the University's award-winning Bernard King Library.
There's always a busy atmosphere around the Abertay campus, as students come and go to lectures, meet with staff, study for exams, and attend tutorials and seminars.
The Abertay cyberQuarter is a new £18m cybersecurity research and development centre housed within the Annie Lamont Centre on campus.
This initiative brings together students, academics, and organisations to help solve global cybersecurity challenges.
The ground floor plays host to Annie’s, a spectacular café serving hot and cold food and drink.