Search for apprenticeships
- Find apprenticeships in England.
- Find apprenticeships in Wales.
- Find apprenticeships in Scotland.
- Find apprenticeships in Northern Ireland — contact the relevant college or Ulster University for further information.
Each apprenticeship vacancy will specify how you need to apply.
You can see details of a number of new higher and degree apprenticeship vacancies in England. They are all being advertised by a small group of employers well in advance of their start date of September 2017, or later, providing you with plenty of time to consider all your post-18 options.
Choosing an apprenticeship
When choosing an apprenticeship, it's important to do thorough research and make sure you find the perfect one for you. To help you out, we've put together a step-by-step guide on how to find the right apprenticeship for you.
The following video explains how to apply for an apprenticeship in England.
When to apply
Apprenticeship vacancies appear throughout the year. Each vacancy will state a deadline for applications and start dates. Don’t wait until the deadline to make an application – some companies close their recruitment as soon as they have a sufficient number of suitable candidates.
As a general rule, vacancies with larger firms start appearing from September, but most start to be advertised from January or February onwards. Smaller businesses might start recruiting a month or two before the job starts, so if you hope to start work in August or September, you might start looking from March/April onwards.
- Check start dates closely, to make sure you’ll have finished school or college by the time the apprenticeship starts.
- Start your research early — the sooner the better, so you have time to fill any gaps in your CV with the things employers are typically looking for, including getting some relevant work experience.
If you’re interested in working for a particular employer, take a look at their website – most employers have a page on careers, apprenticeships, or vacancies. If you are interested in a particular apprenticeship job role, you can filter your search for these on the vacancy listing.
There are no fixed deadlines for apprenticeships, although larger firms tend to recruit from September.
Each vacancy will state how you need to apply. This may be through the apprenticeship listing you are using, or directly to the employer. Either way, you’ll be directed to the appropriate application process from the vacancy details page.