How it all works
The homepage will show you the four sections of applying to be an undergraduate student. Whenever there are any key messages – such as an upcoming deadline – these will be displayed in the text across the main image, so it’s worth checking back with us regularly. Our newsletters will keep you up-to-date as well.
- Firstly deciding what type of undergraduate course to study.
- The main application deadlines are in October, January, and March, depending on the course.
- Up to five courses can be chosen, to increase the chance of getting a place.
- How to choose between similar courses and course providers.
- What the entry requirements and course fees are for each course.
- When the application deadline is for each course.
- What information will need to be provided.
- How to write a personal statement.
- How to respond to offers, and what to do with exam results.
- How, where, and when to apply for a student loan.
- What further financial support is available.
- Support on campus and accessibility.
Where to find everything you need
- UCAS Conservatoires is where your child could apply for performance based music, dance, screen, or drama courses at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, while UCAS Teacher Training and UCAS Postgraduate are both postgraduate-level application services.
- Your child may be interested in these at some point, but please ensure they submit an undergraduate application in the UCAS Undergraduate area of the website, as they’re all different systems.
International and EU students