How it all works
Parent newsletters – get updates and all the information you need, along with timely explanations of the application process.
Read and download our Parent, Guardian, and Carer Guide 2022 (1.7 MB) – everything you need to guide and support a young person with their options and decision-making, and through the UCAS application process.
- Firstly deciding what type of undergraduate course to study.
- The main application deadlines are in October, January, and March, depending on the course.
- Up to five courses can be chosen, to increase the chance of getting a place.
- How to choose between similar courses and course providers.
- What the entry requirements and course fees are for each course.
- When the application deadline is for each course.
- What information will need to be provided.
- How to write a personal statement.
- How to respond to offers, and what to do with exam results.
- How, where, and when to apply for a student loan.
- What further financial support is available.
- Support on campus and accessibility.