18:00 (UK time) on 15 January is the application deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses, and most conservatoire dance, drama, or musical theatre courses. Make sure your child checks which deadline is relevant to them, and they know what they need to do by when.
If their deadline is 15 January, here’s what they need to know.
How you can help
- Share our step-by-step guide to filling in your UCAS application if your child still has sections of their application they need to complete.
- Help your child write a great personal statement – point them towards our personal statement tool and resources.
- Find out whether their school or college has set an earlier deadline. All applications need a reference before they can be sent to us.
- Encourage them to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We’ll be posting regular top tips, and important reminders of what they need to do, when.
- Let them know they’re not alone. If your child has a question about completing their application, they’re probably not the first to ask. Point them in the direction of our 15 January FAQs. They may also find our 15 January ‘how to apply’ and 'are you ready’ blogs useful.
- Make sure they’re aware of our 15 January deadline Facebook live sessions – taking place at 16:30 on 9 January, and at 12:00 on 15 January (UK time), delivered by our UCAS experts.
- Check they know how and when they can contact us, in case they need any last-minute help – we’re available on the phone and on social media.
Closer to the deadline, we’ll be sending important reminders to those who still have applications in progress, making sure they have all the information they need to complete their application on time. If you know your child hasn’t yet sent their application, tell them to keep an eye out for our reminders.
What happens once their application has been sent?
Once their application has been sent, your child can keep an eye on Track to check its progress. Here, they’ll be able to see decisions from their chosen universities and colleges, and reply to any offers.
There are a number of different decisions universities and colleges can make, and different replies your child can make to any offers they receive. It can get confusing if they’re not prepared, so encourage them to take a look in advance.
What if my child misses the deadline?
Applications can still be sent to us after our deadlines, but the universities and colleges they’re applying to cannot guarantee they’ll be considered or looked at.
We recommend your child asks the universities whether they have vacancies first.
Key dates to be aware of:
- 30 June 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) – the final deadline for applications with course choices. It’s still OK to apply after this date, but instead of choosing courses, applicants are entered into Clearing – the process universities and colleges use to fill any places they still have on their courses.
- 20 September 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) – the last date 2019 applications can be submitted.
Find out more about when to apply.