If you were unsuccessful in gaining a place at a conservatoire this year, all is not lost! There are a few things you can do now to improve your chances in the future.
- Reapply to UCAS Conservatoires next year – see if the conservatoire can provide any feedback as to why you were unsuccessful. Please remember that conservatoires audition everyone and often have thousands of applicants to audition, so don’t take it personally if they are unable to provide you with specific feedback.
- Talk to your teachers – there may be steps you can take to improve your skills in your chosen specialism.
- If you’re thinking of reapplying, step up your preparation for auditions. Check out our audition advice to make sure you know what to expect.
- Make sure you fully understand and can meet any offer conditions – this could include things like English language tests for international students, or any academic requirements.
- Think about applying to UCAS Undergraduate – university courses are structured differently but you may find one that ticks all the boxes for you.