Do you want to work with the latest technologies, and be part of a vibrant development community? Would you like to be part of a culture that promotes continuous improvement and innovation?
Then we’d love to hear from you!
We are an independent charity with a commercial subsidiary, UCAS Media. Our vision is to be at the heart of connecting people to higher education. Our undergraduate admissions service handles almost three million applications from 700,000 UK, EU, and international students. We’re proud to help over half a million students secure a full-time place at one of over 380 universities and colleges across the UK.
We’re based in Cheltenham, one of the most beautiful towns in the Cotswolds, famed for its festivals, vibrant culture and shopping, and home to a range of excellent schools. The town also has a growing reputation as a technology hub. Housed in a superb headquarters building, we currently
have an annual turnover of nearly £50 million, and employ about 450 people.
We have a long history, but a very modern culture and workplace. We take our commitments to high performance, diversity, personal development, and personal wellbeing seriously, while maintaining a relaxed atmosphere, where collaboration is the norm.
Our informal dress code, flexible approach to working both in the office and from home, open plan offices, breakout areas, and comfortable meeting spaces, help us work together efficiently.
Colleagues also enjoy a subsidised restaurant, workplace nursery, modern gym, and range of advice and seminars to support them in managing their busy work and home lives.
We also support local charities, and you’ll be encouraged to participate in activities that have social impact – you can claim three additional days away from work to facilitate this.
Our near-term challenges
We’ve been on a ‘tech journey’, migrating away from inefficient, legacy systems, and transitioning to cloud-based solutions. The scale of IT-enabled change remains significant, and delivering value for our customers remains the top priority, as we build a range of technology, data, and marketing products and services.
As we redevelop our services, we see them working seamlessly to connect customers in a digital ecosystem that balances the needs of students and education providers, where new and third party services can interact to add value to the student journey.
Meanwhile, the education landscape is undergoing significant change, due to education and qualification reforms, demographic shifts, and further divergence in funding, policy, and regulation in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The market in undergraduate provision is changing, with new providers, new modes of delivery, and increased competition to recruit students. Coupled with advances in potentially disruptive technology, changes in customer expectations, and increasing competition, this creates both risks and opportunities for us in maintaining financial sustainability, and continuing to deliver highly trusted, reliable services, to students and education providers.
So, where do you fit in?
We need a first-class IT function. We already have a very strong mix of IT professionals, but now we need more, to help us on our digital acceleration journey. Specifically, we are looking for technical team leads, senior software engineers, software engineers, solution architects, and data architects, who can contribute to the delivery of our ambitious strategy.
Interested? Here’s a little more:
Every member of our technology team is responsible for the availability, security, and scalability of our services, delivering the product roadmap and planning for the future.
You’ll need to quickly develop an understanding of customer and stakeholder needs, and be energised by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, digital environment. Surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll help to deliver a fully digital and contemporary service, with a reputation for reliability, value for money, and efficiency.
As well as commitment and enthusiasm, you will have proven experience in agile ways of working, and collaboration with colleagues, to deliver brilliant customer outcomes. We encourage continuous improvement, so taking accountability and ownership of processes, initiatives, and ideas, is key.
Technology roles candidate pack (2.6 MB)
- Technical Specialist – You will oversee the design process for application software through product design, development, testing, and transition into operation – technical specialists are involved in every step of the application software development lifecycle.
- Software Engineer (Integration) – Online and data security is always in the spotlight, and the safety and integrity of the data we handle is held in the highest regard. We require a talented software engineer to maintain our trusted reputation, and help define the next iteration of our platform.
- Solution Architect – You will be required to design and provide technical support through the delivery of solutions that meet the requirements of the business, support the IT Strategy and are aligned with the IT architecture. Architecture considerations would include data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
- Solutions Architect (Salesforce) – you will draw on your skills and experience to assess customer requirements and architecture, to design secure, high-performance technical solutions that maximise the potential of the Salesforce platform.
- Software Engineer – You will collaborate, as part of a community of like-minded engineers, towards the continuous improvement of coding, design, and documentation standards, to maintain our trusted reputation, and help define the next iteration of our platform.
- Technical Team Lead – Responsible for taking ideas, developing and delivering quality software solutions, and leading and managing a development team to deliver the product roadmap.
That’s enough about us! Over to you…
If you want to work in a great tech environment, where you can use your skills to help young people achieve their ambitions, then we’d love to hear from you. If our current roles don’t look quite right for you, feel free to get in touch for a chat. We’re keen to connect, and get to know how you could contribute in future.
How to apply
To find out more, contact Jordan Warren at email@example.com, or click below for full details of our current roles.