How it works
- In Apply 2, you can make one choice at a time.
- You’ll be able to make an unlimited number of choices, but only one at a time.
Adding more choices
You can use Apply 2 after either you have:
- been unsuccessful in your existing choice(s)
- withdrawn from your existing choice(s)
- declined your offer(s)
Like Apply 1, you can make choices for training programmes in any route. You can even choose a programme you applied for unsuccessfully in Apply 1 – if you think that’s the right way to go.
When to apply
- As with Apply 1, programmes open at different times throughout the application cycle in Apply 2, so you can still search for programmes and apply later if you need to.
Later in the process, most training programmes will already have opened for a minimum of two weeks. If they’re reopening later, it might be for a briefer time, so you should keep checking to see what’s available.
How to use Apply 2
- When Apply 2 opens, search for training programmes with vacancies – maybe think about alternative subjects or different training providers.
- Contact the training provider to check they're still recruiting and will consider you. Ask if there are any additional documents you can provide – including an updated personal statement – to strengthen your application.
- Then add the choice in Track and wait for a decision from the provider – this can take up to 40 working days.