We can connect you with the right people to help you find out about traditional degrees, apprenticeships, careers, and more. So, by the end of the day, you’ll be walking away with all the info you need to make an informed decision.
Here’s all the questions you can ask universities, colleges, employers, training providers, and careers advisers at the event.
To find out whether you’d be happy studying the course, and whether it would suit your learning style.
- How is this course taught and what will my typical week look like?
- How often, and what type of work, will I be assessed on? E.g., group projects, coursework, and exams
- What support is available if I’m finding the jump from A Levels to a degree tough?
- What are my career prospects once I’ve graduated? What have your former students gone on to do?
- Do you offer careers information and guidance for your students?
- What industry experience do the tutors and mentors have?
- I’m not 100% sure on every module on the course, should I choose it anyway?
- Do you think this course would suit someone who wants to go into (X) career?
To find out if an apprenticeship would suit you and what support you'd get
Remember that the tutors and mentors want you to be a part of their class or team as much as you do. Don’t say yes to anything before finding out whether it deserves to have you! Think of this part like a job interview, you’re assessing them as much as they’re assessing you. Here are some great questions to determine the quality of the course or apprenticeship you’re considering and whether it can offer you something others can’t
- What kind of apprenticeships do you offer?
- What support do you offer apprentices?
- How does the learning aspect of the apprenticeship work and what qualification will I get at the end?
- Do I need to have studied any relevant subjects when applying for an apprenticeship?
- What are my career prospects at the end of an apprenticeship?
- • What kind of things are you looking for in an applicant?
To find out where you'd live and how much things will cost
These are the make-or-break questions. You love the place, their style, the facilities, and you even get free parking on-site. Boom. But now you really need to know if you’ll fit in. Be bold and get ready to ask these questions:
- Are there any scholarships or bursaries on offer?
- What are the accommodation options available?
- Do you support students to get part-time jobs?
- What support are you offering students to help with the cost of living?
- What’s the cost of living in (location) like?