Unique access to billions of data combinations to understand your market and competition.
EXACT is a bespoke data service which reports on historical data and live cycle deadline data across the sector. Whether you have tactical, strategic, planning, or research challenges to solve.
Offering over 200 variables and a variety of statistics, EXACT is home to the answers for almost any question you have:
- What does the full landscape really look like – applications, offers & accepts at course level for each provider?
- Do all further Maths A level applicants apply to study Maths degrees?
- Where do AAB students apply and accept to study Humanities?
- Has the gender split changed for Engineering acceptances since 2006?
EXACT gives you the raw data outputs from the sector, available on either a one-off or subscription basis. Fine-tune your course provision or recruitment to reflect real market forces, and identify prospects overlooked by your competitors who are the perfect fit for you.
How does it work?
- Decide your question and define your data
The best place to start is by speaking to our experienced data account managers about the challenge you’re trying to solve. Together we will construct a tight question, and define the data required to answer it.
- Carefully select the variables
Next, you need to choose your variables. These will be the rows in your exported data, and include fields like course name, degree type, entry year, and predicted grades.
Variables available: undergraduate (84.34 KB) | conservatoires (37.56 KB)
- Choose the statistics to calculate
And finally, choose the statistics you want to report on. Among the options are applicants or applications, number of offers & replies, and accepts.
Statistics available: undergraduate (68.27 KB) | conservatoires (28.09 KB)
If you have a single question to answer, get in touch and we will provide a bespoke quote for you.
Subscription package options
If you would like access to EXACT over a longer period on a repeat basis, you can change your question each time, meaning every department can have a shot at their own challenges:
A new question answered every day. Subscribers can submit a new data request every week day.
A new question answered every week. Subscribers can submit a new data request every week.
10 individual data outputs to be used ad-hoc over the course of a year, however you see fit.
Find out how universities are using EXACT
Calculating and verifying potential for new programmes:
Using data to support decision-making throughout the recruitment cycle:
Don't know where to start?
We know that the scope of EXACT can make it difficult to decide exactly what variables and statistics to choose. While our team can support you to tighten your brief and ask the right question, we also offer pre-packaged data outputs on popular areas of interest like:
|Offer-making data pack:||Understand the profile of offer-making across the sector by diving into these 68 outputs (370.21 KB)|
|Schools profiling data pack:||Improve your school targeting focus by examining 52 outputs (416.51 KB) per Apply centre.|
|International data pack:||Get the full picture on international recruitment by exploring almost 100 outputs (326.02 KB).|
What does an EXACT output look like?
See an example EXACT report (332.7 KB).
There’s nothing quite like the student market.
We can help you uncover its patterns, its trends, and the answers to your commercial questions:
Ask us: What do they plan to study? Is it vocational or academic?
Find out: The potential market for customers who want your product/service.
Ask us: Where do they plan to study? Will they stay at home?
Find out: The regional or geographical potential for tenants and homebuyers.
Ask us: What kind of background are they from?
Find out: Whether your campaigns are pitched right for this market.
EXACT isn’t just for the higher education sector. We’re trusted by charities, NFPs, professional bodies, private and commercial businesses to help them understand the data behind the 500k+ applicants applying to HE every year.
If you are…
- An employer recruiting apprentices – we can help you target the right schools to visit.
- A professional body – understand how many sixth formers are studying a subject relevant to your profession, or discover the universities which offer courses that you don’t accredit.
- An accommodation provider – we can help you understand migration into your priority towns and cities, or help you identify new locations based on demand.If you have a question that needs answering, or something unique that you’d like to explore in a deep data dive, we can help.
If you have a question that needs answering, or something unique that you’d like to explore in a deep data dive, we can help.