Supporting your son or daughter
How the application process works
How to support your son or daughter
The top 10 things your son or daughter should do
- Start research early – higher education has a lot of options to choose from.
- Know the deadlines – for some courses they need to apply almost a year in advance.
- Join the UCAS e-card scheme – if they're in a UK school and aiming for university in 2015.
- Search for courses – something they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak with us or higher education staff.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need.
- Write several drafts of their personal statement – get feedback and refine it until they're happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – chances to apply to more courses.
- Visit our Facebook and Twitter regularly to get advice and ask questions.
Jamila Khan8 December 2013
Clare F Hobba8 December 2013
Julie Salt-Cowell8 December 2013
Steph Horrocks8 December 2013
Clara Martin8 December 2013
Vivian Lee8 December 2013
India Bottomley8 December 2013
David Jaskiewicz8 December 2013
Chris Rowlands8 December 2013
Emma Alexander8 December 2013
Steven Sharpe8 December 2013
Tiffany Khoo8 December 2013
Lea Pfefferman8 December 2013