Supporting your son or daughter
How the application process works
How to support your son or daughter
The top 10 things your son or daughter should do
- Start research early – higher education has a lot of options to choose from.
- Know the deadlines – for some courses they need to apply almost a year in advance.
- Search for courses – something they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak with us or higher education staff.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need.
- Write several drafts of their personal statement – get feedback and refine it until they're happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements. Check our money advice for parents.
- Be prepared for results day and make sure they have everything ready.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – chances to apply to more courses.
- Visit our Facebook and Twitter regularly to get advice and ask questions.
Julie Salt-Cowell28 July 2014
Jamila Khan28 July 2014
Clare F Hobba28 July 2014
Vivian Lee28 July 2014
India Bottomley28 July 2014
Steph Horrocks28 July 2014
Clara Martin28 July 2014
Emma Alexander28 July 2014
David Jaskiewicz28 July 2014
Chris Rowlands28 July 2014
Lea Pfefferman28 July 2014
Steven Sharpe28 July 2014
Tiffany Khoo28 July 2014