Supporting your son or daughter
How the application process works
How to support your son or daughter
15 January deadline reminder
Is your son or daughter applying for 2014 entry? Make sure they submit their application to us by 18:00 (UK time) on 15 January 2014 to ensure it's given equal consideration.
The top 10 things your son or daughter should do
- Start research early – higher education has a lot of options to choose from.
- Know the deadlines – for some courses they need to apply almost a year in advance.
- Join the UCAS e-card scheme – if they're in a UK school and aiming for university in 2015.
- Search for courses – something they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak with us or higher education staff.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need.
- Write several drafts of their personal statement – get feedback and refine it until they're happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – chances to apply to more courses.
- Visit our Facebook and Twitter regularly to get advice and ask questions.
Jamila Khan11 December 2013
Clare F Hobba11 December 2013
Julie Salt-Cowell11 December 2013
Steph Horrocks11 December 2013
Clara Martin11 December 2013
Vivian Lee11 December 2013
India Bottomley11 December 2013
David Jaskiewicz11 December 2013
Chris Rowlands11 December 2013
Emma Alexander11 December 2013
Steven Sharpe11 December 2013
Tiffany Khoo11 December 2013
Lea Pfefferman11 December 2013