Supporting your son or daughter
How the application process works
How to support your son or daughter
The top 10 things your son or daughter should do
- Start research early – higher education has a lot of options to choose from.
- Know the deadlines – for some courses they need to apply almost a year in advance.
- Search for courses – something they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak with us or higher education staff.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need.
- Write several drafts of their personal statement – get feedback and refine it until they're happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements. Check our money advice for parents.
- Be prepared for results day and make sure they have everything ready.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – chances to apply to more courses.
- Visit our Facebook and Twitter regularly to get advice and ask questions.
Julie Salt-Cowell25 October 2014
Jamila Khan25 October 2014
Clare F Hobba25 October 2014
Vivian Lee25 October 2014
India Bottomley25 October 2014
Steph Horrocks25 October 2014
Clara Martin25 October 2014
Emma Alexander25 October 2014
David Jaskiewicz25 October 2014
Chris Rowlands25 October 2014
Lea Pfefferman25 October 2014
Steven Sharpe25 October 2014
Tiffany Khoo25 October 2014